Wild Sam Field Guide - Austin
- Founded in 2012, Wildsam points travelers to unforgettable experiences.
- Wildsam Field Guides shed light on the lesser known, the complex, the real things, through our series of American field guides. Both the city series and road trip series explore via prose and personalities, mixing together historical anecdotes, local interviews, literary memoir and hand-drawn maps, all in service of a deep understanding of place.
- The guides also offer a highly curated list of recommendations, the kind of smart list a close friend might offer.
- Inside find 145 pages of local stories on Austin, travel intel and modern lore, including:
- THE ONE WILLIE NELSON RECORD TO DOWNLOAD
- AN INTERVIEW WITH HOTEL ICON, LIZ LAMBERT
- WHERE TO FIND THE BEST BREAKFAST TACOS
- A TIMELINE OF SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST
- AN ILLUSTRATED MAP TO SUMMER SWIMMING HOLES
- A DESCRIPTIVE LIST OF HILL COUNTRY WILDFLOWERS
- THREE DECADES OF DEATH ROW FINAL STATEMENTS
- AN ODE TO THE LATE, GREAT DOUG SAHM
- WORDS FROM LYNDON JOHNSON ABOUT HIS HOMETOWN
- THE BEST LOCAL JOINTS FOR LIVE MUSIC