Wild Sam Field Guide - Charleston
- Founded in 2012, Wildsam points travelers to unforgettable experiences.
- Wildsam Field Guides shed light on the lesser known, the complex, the real things, through our series of American field guides. Both the city series and road trip series explore via prose and personalities, mixing together historical anecdotes, local interviews, literary memoir and hand-drawn maps, all in service of a deep understanding of place.
- The guides also offer a highly curated list of recommendations, the kind of smart list a close friend might offer.
- From the grandeur of historic architecture to the modern era of hospitality led by restaurateurs, artists and makers — Charleston has soul, magic and lasting appeal.
- 140 pages, 45 original illustrations, Tri-fold city map, Printed in the USA
Inside find 145 pages of local stories, travel intel and modern lore, including:
- THE CITY'S QUEEN OF FRIED CHICKEN, MARTHA LOU GADSDEN
- FIFTY YEARS OF BEACH MUSIC TUNES
- A LIST OF THE HOLY CITY’S DREAMY AND SEMI-HIDDEN ALLEYWAYS
- SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY, FROM WARM BISCUITS TO THANK YOU NOTES
- A LIST OF THE CITY’S MOST LEGENDARY SHIPWRECKS
- COMPELLING TRIBUTES TO THE MOTHER EMANUEL VICTIMS
- WALKING MAPS OF ARCHITECTURAL AND SECRET GARDEN LANDMARKS
- THE PERFECT ORDER AT THE CITY’S SEVEN ESSENTIAL RESTAURANTS
- CHEF SEAN BROCK’S FAVORITE LOWCOUNTRY DRIVING ROUTE
- CIVIL RIGHTS PIONEERS—FROM JUDGE WARING TO SEPTIMA CLARK