Wild Sam Field Guide - Nashville
- Founded in 2012, Wildsam points travelers to unforgettable experiences.
- Wildsam Field Guides shed light on the lesser known, the complex, the real things, through our series of American field guides. Both the city series and road trip series explore via prose and personalities, mixing together historical anecdotes, local interviews, literary memoir and hand-drawn maps, all in service of a deep understanding of place.
- The guides also offer a highly curated list of recommendations, the kind of smart list a close friend might offer.
- Nashville is a crossroads, home to a rich history of civil rights heroes, country music lore and a modern boom in southern style and entrepreneurship.
- Includes 45 original illustrations, Tri-fold city map, Printed in the USA
- Inside find 145 pages of local stories, travel intel and modern lore, including
- Hot Chicken demystified
- The great outdoors, from stargazing to the steeplechase
- How United Records presses an LP
- A timeline of Ryman Auditorium history
- A guided tour of soul food icons Songbirds of note and the sounds they make
- Mapping the city’s top makers, from blue jeans to chocolate bars
- An interview with Hatch Show printer Jim Sherraden
- Outdoorsman Chris Nischan on fly fishing
- An essay from songwriter Rosanne Cash