Wild Sam Field Guide - San Antonio
- Founded in 2012, Wildsam points travelers to unforgettable experiences.
- Wildsam Field Guides shed light on the lesser known, the complex, the real things, through our series of American field guides. Both the city series and road trip series explore via prose and personalities, mixing together historical anecdotes, local interviews, literary memoir and hand-drawn maps, all in service of a deep understanding of place.
- The guides also offer a highly curated list of recommendations, the kind of smart list a close friend might offer.
- The river. The revitalization. San Antonio is an ancient city, a resilient, conjunto-loving bastion with boundless enthusiasm for the future.
- Inside find 145 pages of local stories, travel intel and modern lore, including:
- Pioneering New School coffee shops.
- Christmas Tamales: deconstructed.
- The Best of Flaco Jiménez and George Strait
- South Texas’s First Family of Flying
- The secret to ordering the classic Chris Madrid’s burger
- An Amateur Alamo buff tells all
- Shaq by the numbers
- Insights from a fourth-generation healer
- Day trips that are long on charm and short on distance
- The right way to wear a Guayabera